Funky Friday Farmers Market at BADSEED - Fabulous Food Found Flourishing Frequently IN THE CROSSROADS 4:30-9:00pm

Dearest Connoisseurs of Local fresh Flavor -

Summer is an absolutely DECADENT time for home chefs and "eaters" of the garden's bounty.

As a farmer and culinary disciple, I am in heaven!! The harsh labors of Spring planting have definitely paid off, and now it is HARVEST HARVEST HARVEST!!!! My days are filled with gathering the bulbous bodies of summer's fruits including orgasmic eggplants, french scallop squash, crisp and juicy cucumbers, dragon's tongue beans, and mouthwatering heirloom tomatoes in every shape/size/color imaginable!! The field is simply a visual and flavor-filled fantasia.

My nights are even better, when I get to retire those weary bones to the kitchen and prepare "the fruits of my labor" for the man that I love. (Nothing like growing food with you honey)

This particular time of the season really compliments my rustic Sicilian cooking style, and Dan and I have been eating the most absurdly delicious dishes as a result. Here are a few to get your tummy rumbling -

.......whole roasted garlic bulbs drenched in tarragon infused oils
.......sicilian caponata (an eggplant stew) with caramelized shallots and Missouri cinnamon soaked Pecans
.......heirloom tomato stacks with Purple Ruffles Basil & Goatsbeard Blue Cheese, drizzled with a balsamic reduction
.......stuffed zucchini boats with bread crumbs, goat cheese and garden herbs baked to perfection
.......crusty pizzas with thick slices of grilled eggplant and squash complimented by a slow cooked heirloom tomato sauce with fennel

Hungry yet???

Good.

Come see your favorite gang of renegade urban growers this Friday at the funkiest Farmers Market in town and get your hands on the freshest organically grown goodies around.

I have a head full of recipes, and I am always willing to share the secrets of eating local and in season.

See you Friday @ the BADSEED from 4:30- 9 PM!!


Yours Truly,

Farmer Brooke


BADSEED
An Urban-Organic Farm & Market Celebrating Local Food, Culture, and Community
1909 McGee*KCMO*64108




See you this Friday from 4:30 to 9 PM.



BADSEED

An Urban-Organic Farm & Market
Celebrating Local Food,
Culture, & Community

1909 McGee*KCMO*64108

No comments: