- Liberty Hall (Lawrence, KS) on Thursday, 11/12 @ 7pm -- Our host will be Alan Rhodes, an organic grower from Lawrence, KS. Panel Discussion to Follow with Filmmaker Chris Taylor, Dan Nagangast of Kansas Rural Center and more! The Merc will have a table featuring local favorites and Local Burger will be there offering samples. COME SEE WHAT THE FIGHT IS ABOUT!
- JCCC's Craig Auditorium (O.P., KS) on Friday 11/13 (3pm-6pm) -- Ted Carey from Growing Growers, which is a collaboration between K-State Research and Extension, University of Missouri Research and Extension, the Kansas City Food Circle, and Kansas Rural Center will join us for the Q & A w/Chris Taylor after the film.
- What: Social & Green Networking and Giving Thanks for all the good, green things happening this year
- When: Thursday, November 19th, 2009 -- 6PM until 8:30PM
- Where: Taste, 7938 Santa Fe Dr., Overland Park, KS 66204-3643 (Downtown OP)
Green Drinks KC is an opportunity to meet up for friendly, lively conversation with an interesting mix of like-minded people.
The goal of Green Drinks KC is pretty simple: good times shared among people working in, or interested in, environmental and sustainability issues.
These monthly events are very simple and unstructured, but many people have made friends, developed new ideas and had moments of serendipity. Most Green Drinks KC events feature plenty of time to socialize and network as well as a guest speaker with discussion on a different topic.
There is no pressure or commitment required. Show up to Green Drinks KC when you can, discuss what's on your mind and leave when you want.