Prairie Village, KS: The City of Prairie Village is very happy to announce that after having taken a year off, Earth Fair is back and will be held in the newly remolded Shawnee Mission East High School. This will be the 9th Earth Fair and it is shaping up to be one of the best. In addition to the over 40 ecologically focused vendors and exhibitors, there will also be live entertainment as well. Weather permitting, half of the festivities will be outside, including music by Checkered Past (bluegrass), Alternative fuel vehicles, solar cooking demos, the boy scouts will be back doing gas cap testing, and there will be a framers’ market where you can get the first garden goodies of the season and vegetable starts for your garden.
Inside the Fair you can learn about ways to make you house more efficient inside and out, the environmental organizations in the community protecting our environment, and much more.
- There will be an area for kids to discover the fun they can have making art out of recycled materials.
- Tired of your wardrobe? Then come and see recycled fashion show organized by the Environmental Club of Shawnee Mission East.
- We are also very happy to announce that the Stone Lion Puppet Show featuring life size puppets will be performing at the Fair.
- If you work up an appetite participating in all these earth friendly activities, you can satisfy your stomach and your taste buds with an organic lunch from the Bread of Life Bakery.
What better way to celebrate the planet we live on then being a part of your community and participating in this eco-friendly event.
DETAILS: Earth Fair 9: Wake up to a Greener Earth!
WHEN: April 17th, 2010 ~ 10am-3pm
COST: Free Admission
- Stone Lion Puppets, 10:45 and 1:45
- Briarwood Elementary School Singers, 11:30
- Checkered Past, all day (with breaks throughout the day)
CONTACT: Katie Nixon